Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chicken Bruschetta and Herbed Angel Hair Pasta (So Delicious)

Once again, I am so bad about posting. I need to designate a day to post so that I am consistent. I made this recipe last Friday and had to share it. I served it to five people and everyone loved it. It was gone that night. It was also very easy and I happened to have most of the ingredients on hand so that was also a plus. I was able to use some tomatoes that might have otherwise gone bad. Yay for no food waste! 

Here's the recipe including my modifications:

Chicken Bruschetta

Ingredients:
14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained (I used fresh)
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese (I used pizza cheese because I had some leftover from when we made pizza)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used about 3 large ones and it was more than enough for 5 people)
8 oz of tomato sauce (I only had the spicy kind on hand and it was actually really tasty)
1 teaspoon minced garlic (I used fresh)
2 cups garlic cheese croutons, crushed slightly (I left this out)

Combine diced tomatoes, cheese and basil; set aside. Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thick. Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet with cover. Add chicken breasts. Top each breast with tomato and cheese mixture. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Top with crushed croutons and serve.

Here's the recipe for the pasta I made with it (Also very delicious):

Herbed Angel Hair Pasta

Ingredients:
12 oz angel hair pasta (or any kind you want)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I ran out of fresh so I used about 1/8 cup of the dry stuff)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Cook pasta by package directions then drain. In a small skillet on medium heat, cook garlic in olive oil and butter for 2-3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper then pour mixture over cooked angel hair pasta while pasta is still warm. Lift and turn pasta to coat with herb sauce.


On another note: My progress in my quest has been slow but steady. I managed to get a good schedule for my daughter and I so that has definitely helped. I'm also in the process of creating a cleaning schedule. My mother came to visit and helped me clean the whole house. It's so nice that I want to keep it up. I'll post some cleaning tips on here that I find. It seems like I'm forgetting something. Oh well, if there's something else, I'll save that for a future update.

No comments:

Post a Comment