Saturday, January 5, 2013

Everyone Makes Mistakes

I'm adding this post to show one of my mistakes. I attempted to make bread this evening. It did not go so well. The bread tasted ok but was not the intended texture. The picture shows the ending result and no, it is not pretty at all. It did not rise properly first of all. The lesson I take from this is to read my recipe thoroughly BEFORE attempting it. The recipe called for 2-3 tsp of iodized salt and 1 tsp of sea salt. The recipe then said to add salt. So I added ALL the salt. Later in the recipe, it said to sprinkle the sea salt on top of the bread. I'm sure that did not help. And it tasted a little salty. Another problem here is that it was not cooked all the way. I now see this. When it first came out of the oven, it was hard for me to tell.

So to sum it up, here's what I take away from this:

1. Read the recipe before beginning.

2. The bread was undercooked.

3. I did not let it rise long enough.


More to come on my adventure with bread. I will try again tomorrow. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment